Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Truth about Nature

The Grand Tetons 


     When I went on a cross country trip last summer, I my family and I stay at a hotel in the Grand Tetons, a national park. We went on many hikes, which took a lot out of us but one stands out. We went on a hike up Signal Mountain to get what was supposed to be the best view of the Tetons. We started out and it was fine, and then it gradually got steeper and steeper and harder and harder. Eventually everyone besides my mom was complaining, but that wasn't even the worst of it. The worst part was the mosquitoes. They were always following you and almost never left. It made the whole trip up almost unbearable. We eventually made it to the top, and it was worth it. It was worth the mosquitoes, the work, the heat, all of it. When i saw the view I remembered how beautiful nature as a whole was, and not to focus on the negatives. So on the way back down, I started to ignore the parts that annoyed me, and focus on a small cool breeze that swept the mosquitoes away, if only for a moment. Or the beautiful flowers and animals that we saw on the way down that I was too pessimistic on the way up to see. The nature taught me to focus on the good things rather than the bad.

1 comment:

  1. I've been there before and it was so pretty! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete